I did go to school for Marine Biology, but the cool thing is… the greatest thing for me is that Polynesians, our gods, Kahoali, Maui, all these water gods, so it’s really cool and a honor to be playing a [water] character. And there’s not too many brown superheroes, so I’m really looking forward to representing the Polynesians, the natives.
My family are some of the greatest water men on earth. I’m not, but I’m going to go train with them. But it’s really an honor just being a Polynesian. And water is the most important thing in this world and we all know it. It’s cool be a part of DC’s universe."
- Racism, repression and resistance. Tef Poe: “Missouri is the new Mississippi”
- Echoes of COINTELPRO in Ferguson
- Rev. Al Sharpton rips report that Darren Wilson said he fired in self-defense
- "I Love Ferguson" plans alternative Halloween event
- Women of color and the hidden trauma of police brutality
- Dr. Arun Gandhi, grandson of Mahatma Gandhi, says prejudice is the source of violence.
- Study finds that teachers expect less from black students
- 40,000 unprocessed Georgia voter registrations go to court